Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Calling All Bloggers!!!!

We have been looking lately on a way that we could raise money every year to keep the funds going in a scholarship fund that we have set up for a high school graduate. Well after a while of thinking we have come up with a great idea, but we will need every ones help to keep this going.

We are asking anyone that new my mother, sold, bought, or was friends that would love to donate a piece of their art in her memory for us to auction off to help raise money for her scholarship fund.

The scholarship is called the Tina Wright Memorial Art Scholarship for $1000. We are giving it each year that we have the funds to a senior for that year at the local high school that my mother graduated from in 1984.

We are planning to set up tables at any large events that we can do a raffle for the piece that was donated to us. We will also have pamphlets to and information informing people about colon cancer. The proceeds that we raise from these raffles will be split 50/50 between Colon Cancer Research and Tina Wright Memorial Fund.

If you are willing and would like to participate in this fund raiser for the years to come please leave me a comment and I will get back with you on a way you can ship us your art piece. We greatly appreciate your help and support through these tough times. This is our way of keeping the memory of Tina alive through what she loved the most.

Thank you all
~Tina's Loving DD (Nicole)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Please count me in. I will not have the time to make anything but I would like to donate. I met and love Tina's work. I think that what you are doing will put A smile on her face. She is smiling from heaven. Blessings, Marta.
PD Go to my blog and send me an email. The address is in my profile

Amy Huff said...

This sounds fantastic and I'd be happy to donate something.

Diva Kreszl said...

what a wonderful way for us to help further this very worthy cause. Please send me the info needed as I would love to participate.

The Chatty One said...

I think this is so great and I would love to donate! please contact me!

Unknown said...

let meknow when you ned art work to dontate Im happy to do this in memory of my RSBS sister..
Kathleen